Hey church family,
Please pray with us over the next few weeks as we invest additional time and energy into the next generation and their opportunity to know and follow Jesus.
Here is some helpful information to help you stay connected over the summer, including ways to give and serve listed at the bottom of this email:
June 10-12 from 6-9pm each evening
For students who just finished 5th & 6th grade and includes dinner, devotions and shenanigans. Bring your friends.
June 12th @ 11am in the Conference Room
Led by Jason & I to help you get involved in practical ways and ask your questions about membership
STUDENT MINISTRY CAMP
7th-12th grade students head out of state for camp June 12-16. Please pray for them and our volunteers during that week.
SUMMER HYMN SING
June 15 @ 1pm in the Sanctuary
Traditional worship time led by Rusty & Brice
June 20-23 @ 6-8:30pm (Preschool ends @ 8pm)
Ages 3 years through 4th grade (students entering 5th grade)
Your early registration is very helpful to us! Sign up online.
VBS LAUNCH PARTY
June 24 from 6-8pm
Church-wide party in the parking lot to host families from the community who have attended VBS. Dinner, water inflatables, outdoor games. Everyone is invited!
July 3 @ 9:30am
One worship service with no classes, student ministry or KidMin that day. Kids of all ages are encouraged to worship with us in the service.
SUNDAY NIGHT SUMMER HANGOUTS
Sunday evenings from 6-7:30pm (July 10-August 14)
Casual fellowship for all ages on Sunday evenings this summer to build relationships with other families. Bring your lawn chair and your kids or grandkids for conversation, yard games, sprinklers, and popsicles. This gathering takes place in the upper parking lot during our regular student ministry time.
August 6th @ 9:30am
A new session begins in August and continues for 13 weeks on Saturday mornings. Email Tammy to get connected.
ADULT MINISTRY EVENT
Friday, August 12 @ 5pm
For adults of all ages hosted by the senior adults. Details to come.
END OF SUMMER CELEBRATION
Friday, August 19 from 7-10pm
One last hoo-rah of summer before school starts back up including dessert food trucks and an outdoor movie + popcorn machine.
Qualifying kids and students promote to the next class up. Incoming 5th graders join the pre-teen group and incoming 7th graders move up to our student ministry group on Sunday evenings.
1. At VBS this year, our kids will participate in a service project station. We need your help! Will you consider donating items to serve vulnerable people in our community? All donations help us partner with Uplift homeless ministry, Children's Division, Brothers in Blue prison ministry, and senior citizen shut-ins. Use this link to donate or give online to our Benevolence Ministry.
2. Want to tithe more consistently? Our website allows you to set up online giving.
1. VBS is our biggest opportunity each year to host unchurched famiies in our community as we teach the gospel to the next generation. It takes over 100 volunteers each year to make VBS a success. Did you know we provide dinner and childcare to our volunteers? Check out our volunteer needs with this link or email me if you need help finding your spot.
2. Did you know you can serve at VBS by helping with set up and decorations even if you aren't able to come help each night with kids?
We will be utilizing volunteers for 20 minutes right after church on Sunday, June 19 to set up rooms/tables.
That evening at 6pm we will finish decorating and setting up supplies.
Crafty people who are wiling to make decorations are appreciated!
Jack is assembling a team of people to help with various facility needs during VBS.
Email me if you're able to help with any of these set up or decoration opportunities.
3. We believe everyone has something they bring to the table, whether you're a handyman, a friendly face, or have a gift of hospitality. If you'd like to get involved by using your gifts to serve, contact Mindy Hooks to start the conversation.
As always, please reach out if we can help you get connected or answer your questions. :)
Family & Community Ministry